These two donuts have been circulating on my feed for a long time now. And being the curious food blogger, I finally gave in and tried the two trending classic Filipino donuts.
So let’s talk about the trending Lola Nena’s and Mix-up Breadhaus. Both originally from the Philippines so we can say their donuts are Filipino classics, like the ones that we bought in a bakery.
Lola Nena’s: shoe-box type, rectangular size
Mix-Up Breadhaus: square box
Lola Nena’s: Triple Cheese Donuts (also available in classic)
Mix-Up Breadhaus: Milky Cheese Donuts
PRICE / PIECE
Lola Nena’s: 200 php per box | 8 pcs in each box
Mix-Up Breadhaus: 220 php per box | 20 pcs in each box
WHERE TO BUY
Lola Nena’s: Bought it in their Commonwealth branch; you can also pre-order online
Mix-Up Breadhaus: Got it from J&M Your Food Shoppe; they deliver around Metro Manila and CALABARZON
Lola Nena’s: Best eaten when hot to feel the melted cheese; there’s “umay” factor when eaten cold because the cheese will turn into a block of cheese; coated in sugar
Mix-Up Breadhaus: Small amount of cheese inside; the bread is tough when eaten cold (consume immediately); coated in powdered milk
- Both are definitely good. Best paired with coffee!
- Brings back the good old memories of our classic donuts from the bakery.
- Both are messy to eat (sugar for Lola Nena’s and powdered milk for Mix-Up Breadhaus).
- Price-wise, will definitely go for Mix-Up Breadhaus, for only 220 php, you can get 20 pcs donuts.
- If you’re a cheese lover, go for Lola Nena’s.